Lots to talk about today. :)
But first - this is what happens when our customers BRING US DONUTS!!!
Just one of the many reasons we love the incredible Sharkies who love our clothes. :)
1. IMPORTANT FABRIC ANNOUNCEMENT!
We have a really important change coming up soon, and we want to keep you guys in the loop. :)
As you might be aware, we have been working really hard over the last month to ensure that the fabrics we use for our leggings have the right quality and the right consistency. Unfortunately, there have been situations where we have received batches of fabrics which were just not as great as we needed them to be. We know that the girls who buy our leggings do so because they want something amazing, and we want to make sure that when you shop with us you are getting something amazing!
So after countless hours of fabric testing and print testing we have made an important decision. :) (By the way, when I say countless hours, I mean it! The team has been amazing, working night and day cutting, stretching, printing, and weighing fabrics to figure out whether they are acceptable or not.)
We have made a decision to change the fabric on our basic printed leggings.
We have looked at the shiny fabric we have been using for our basic leggings, and unfortunately we have found that we are sometimes getting unacceptable weight variations within rolls, and that just makes us a little bit nervous! We have gone through all our rolls to make sure that the stuff we are selling at the moment is all at the correct weight, so whatever you buy now has been passed (yay!). However, we need to make sure that we are getting quality consistently - and we don’t want to have to check every metre of every roll to make sure we get it!
So we’ve made the big call - we will be phasing out this fabric, starting today. Of course, we do have some good fabric left, so we will be doing some restocks, but after it is all gone we will no longer be using this fabric in our standard printed leggings. Our apologies if you really love it, it is a fantastic fabric, but we just don’t want to take the risk that some fabrics will sneak through that are not up to scratch.
However - there is good news!
First, we will be working really hard to find a replacement, and hopefully will have something light and shiny for you as soon as possible!
Second, we have developed a fantastic new version of our basic printed legging. This style uses the fabric that we use to create our HWMF (High Waisted, Matte Finish) leggings. So the new version of our basic leggings will be made with that fabric (by the way, if you don't dig the high waisted look, don't worry, these new leggings are just MF, not HW!). We have been testing them on some girls at the office, and so far everyone has been super positive about them. The fabric is great, so if you are happy with a little more fabric weight, and you like the matte finish, you will definitely love these!
Usually making a big fabric change is really risky because the manufacturer doesn't know 100% how the fabric will perform over time. The great news here is that we have been using the MF fabric for years now and we are very familiar with it! If you wear our swims, skater dresses, HWMF leggings, you will be familiar with this fabric as well. So don't worry, you're going to love them. :)
We are also continuing to experiment with ink saturation, and garment fit, and we are confident that our clothes are going to get better and better. :)
A massive thank you to everybody for your patience. We really take fabric quality seriously, and we are going to do whatever we need to do to make sure that our customers are getting the best leggings in the world.
What is happening to the leggings already on the site?
- We are going to remove the option for MTO on leggings that use the old fabric
- HWMF will still continue as normal
- We still have a good amount of the old fabric left, so we will test it all to establish what it is acceptable, then we will stock up on our staple leggings using the old fabric that we are happy with
- When we reach the end of the fabric, we will LIMIT the products
- Our staples will come back on the new fabric (MF)
- Every pair will be checked for quality before it is shipped out
- In the future, we will also release a couple of styles in the US in the old fabric that we have already made.I've already placed an order, will my leggings arrive in the new or old fabric?
- All current orders will arrive in the old fabric
- All products will be going through a fabric weight and sheer print test before they get to youI purchased these leggings recently and am not happy, can I return them or swap for the MF fabric?
- We are always happy to do returns if our customers are not 100% satisfied with their purchase, however we can't do swaps for different fabrics.When will the new fabric be available?
- We will start in the next couple of weeks once all of our fit approvals are completeWhat is the sizing like? Should I stick to my usual size?
- Yep!Will my leggings be the same colour as what is pictured on the website?
- At the time of purchase, yes! We will reshoot the products to make sure that you are looking at exactly what you will receiveHow do I know if what I am ordering is the old or MF fabric?
- We will keep it in the title! For example, Bla bla HWMF Leggings, Bla Bla MF Leggings
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and we'll answer as best we can!
p.s. A few girls have asked me what the benefits of the new fabric are, particularly with respect to sheerness. Good question! The good news is that - in my experience - our MF fabric has a nice tight weave and doesn't let through much light. Obviously you need to consider the colour of the print, and how busy it is - but as a general rule, I'm quite confident that sheerness shouldn't be a problem. Yay!
However, I did want to quickly mention another challenge with printed leggings that some girls mistake for sheerness. It's something that we call in the industry 'grinning'. Grinning refers to the tendency of white fibres to show through on a stretch fabric when it is stretched making the colours appear lighter. It is an effect that occurs when white fabrics are printed, rather than dyed. Occasionally girls will see grinning and assume that the fabric is going see through. It's not, what is happening is that stretching the fabric is allowing some of the underlying white fibres to become visible. This is a natural consequence of using the print technology that we use and unfortunately there is actually not a huge amount we can do about it. However, on the up side, using this print technology means that we can use incredibly detailed artwork, and also have the ability to specifically place the prints on exact sections of the garment. It's such an awesome technology that we are willing to put up with a little grinning!
INTERESTING FACT: Did you know that there is one print we use that actually requires grinning to bring out the artwork!!! Can you guess what it is? ;)
2. *SIGH* ... Whenever I see these leggings I think about having another go at them. The chains kept breaking on my first attempt.
3. Teal Galaxy... how good? We should put this on more things. All the things perhaps.
Yep, definitely all the things...
4. I have been informed by some reliable sources that there is a mighty need among some girls for more bummers. Is this true?!
They are rather rad, now that you mention it...
I think the reason we haven't been doing many bummers lately is because we started doing lots of short shorts. For those who don't know, short shorts are shorts that are really short.
And you can dance on poles in them and look amazing.
5. Sharkies are so talented...
6. GYM UPDATE!!!
Printed Ninjas - we finally made some!!! Brand new fabric, super stretchy, super comfortable, and they are looking awesome. ;) Watch this space...
7. Another cool thing I wanted to mention to those interested. We have made a decision at BM that we want to get a lot more information to our customers - or potential customers - with video. So we are working on an idea that I am calling (drum roll, drum roll) the Black Milk Top 5. Or top 10. Haven't yet decided on that one.
Basically, the idea is that we can communicate with you guys about all the cool stuff that is going on at BM. We want you to take you behind the scenes so you can hear about all the cool things we have planned.
Stay tuned, you should see the first one soon. :)
8. Good news - as you might have heard (probably on this blog) we have reworked the basic BM swimsuit cut and it is looking really good. We will have a little try on session in Brisbane soon! So many cool swim cuts coming this year, including this little gem ... So cute. :)
And yes, this is the same cut we used for the Jawesome Swim. :)
Hugs and kisses. :)